Table of Contents
Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms carefully, and if you have any questions, requests for information, or complaints, please contact us at email@example.com. By using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms, including the policies referenced in these Terms.
Who May Use Our Products and Services
You may use our Services and Products only if you can form a binding contact with Insight Basecamp, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your Insight Basecamp account, and subsequently gain access to your purchased Products, you must provide us with accurate and complete information, and you agree to update your information to keep it accurate and complete. Any use or access to anyone under the age of 13 requires parental consent. Products designed for children younger than the age of 18 must be purchased by a parental guardian on their behalf.
Subject to these Terms and our policies, we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Services. You may access content from our Services only for your personal, non-commercial use, unless you obtain our written permission to otherwise use the content. You also agree that you will create, access, and/or use only one user account, unless expressly permitted by Insight Basecamp, and you will not share access to your account or access information for your account with any third party. Using our Services does not give you ownership of, or any intellectual property rights in, our Services or the content you access.
Changes to Content Offerings
Insight Basecamp offers short courses and content created by world-class experts in the field of Critical Thinking. Insight Basecamp reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, or modify any content offerings, or change the point values or weight of any item in accordance with the instructions of the product authors. Content Offerings are subject to the Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability sections below.
No Academic Credit or Professional Certificates
Insight Basecamp does not grant academic credit or professional certificates for the completion of any content offerings. CEU certification for the successful completion of our CEU Pack offerings is provided by Saint Mary’s College of California. See CEU product descriptions for details.
Revisit but not Re-Do
The first time through a product, you may respond to each question, skip questions, and go back and change answers. We encourage you to use the debriefs and other answer-related information to achieve the highest score possible. Once you submit your responses as a batch for scoring at the end of the last frame or page of your product, your results will be displayed. After that point, answers can no longer be changed.
We welcome your suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the Products and Services. By submitting any feedback, you grant us the right to use the feedback without restriction and without compensation to you.
Modifying or Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Services and Products. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop part of our Services altogether. We may terminate your use of any Service for any reason.
Acceptable Use Policy
You are not allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national, or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone besides yourself access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user’s account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services unless specifically authorized to do so by us.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems unless specifically authorized to do so by us.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so by us.
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Services.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our Services to distribute malware.
- Use our Services or any functionality of our user interface or website for anything other than for completing online courses or for pedagogical purposes.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
Insight Assessment and Insight Basecamp do not offer refunds once payments have been processed. No refunds will be made once Products are accessed for any reason. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding our refund policy.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you through the means discussed below. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
- Information you provide to us.
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information from you through:
• The Services you use or processing your orders
• Requests or questions you submit to us via email, online forms, or otherwise
• Any reviews that you submit about the Services
• Account registration and administration of your account
• Requests for customer support and technical assistance
Information About You
While parts of the Services may not require you to provide any information that can directly identify you by name (such as if you choose to browse the website without logging in), the specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you may include:
- Email address
- Full Name
- Log-in credentials, if you create an Insight Basecamp account or Insight Assessment organizational client administrator account
- Billing information, such as credit or debit card number, verification number, zip code, and expiration date. We do not save credit or debit card numbers, expiration dates, or verification numbers.
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us
- Information about your customer service interactions with us
- User-generated content you provide to us such as when you submit responses to a question in a test, survey, quiz, or short course, respond to personal profile questions, or review a product
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services, such as messages you put into online requests sent to Insight Assessment or Insight Basecamp.
Information About Others
If you purchase this content on behalf of another person, we use the information you provide about the other person to fulfill the transaction.
- Information we collect through automated means.
When you use our Services, we collect certain information as described in this Section. As discussed further below, we and our service providers may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
• Anonymous site performance cookies: this information helps us continually improve your experience. This website will track the pages you visit (on our site) via Google Analytics and AwStats. These tools allow us to analyze the use of our website. Based on this information, we can evaluate the use of our website and compile reports about website activities. This information ultimately helps to optimize our offerings to you on our website. We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
• Authentication: We may use essential cookies to authenticate assigned users, prevent fraudulent use of user accounts, maintain the relationship between a user and their responses, and protect product data and instruments.
• Third-Party Cookies: Our systems use services from other providers which collect and store information about our users. These include Google Analytics and the various app stores. However, we have no access to or control over these cookies. We do not permit any third-party advertising.
It is usually possible to stop your browser from accepting cookies, or to stop it from accepting cookies from a particular website. All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. Use the “Help” option in your browser for more details.
- Information we collect from others.
We may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you and improve our Products, and analytics, and advertising.
How We Use Your Information
- Complete a purchase or provide the Services you have requested including invoicing and accounting
- Respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services, including through research and reports, and test and create new products, features, and services
- Provide you with required updates and information about Services that you have purchased
- Contact you by email regarding Insight Basecamp Products, Services, promotions, and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
- Customize the advertising and content you see on the Services
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
Online Analytics and Advertising
We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
If you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
- Online Advertising
The Services may integrate third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Services, as well as on other websites you visit and other applications you use. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, the information you enter such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
Third parties may also place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other devices to collect information about you as discussed above. These third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Google Analytics, DoubleClick, and others) may also serve tailored ads to you as you use the Internet and Internet-connected applications, and access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other devices you use to access the Services to assist in this activity.
Please note that if you exercise the choices above, you will still see advertising when you use the Services, but it will not be tailored to you based on your online behavior over time.
Sharing and Disclosure of your Information
Insight Basecamp and Insight Assessment are committed to the privacy and confidentiality of our website visitors. We are the sole owner of the information collected on these websites. We do not sell or rent any information we collect to anyone.
We use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of all data and datasets collected. Although Insight Assessment publishes aggregate comparison percentiles for its products, it does not disclose any personal information associated with any dataset involved in this process. Insight Assessment and Insight Basecamp do not release or disclose user feedback data except to the client who purchased the product. Disclosure of stored client account information to the client themselves, to our financial and legal advisors and professional services providers, and to regulatory and governmental agencies, is permitted. on a strictly as needed basis for business and compliance purposes except not for marketing and not for resale. By purchasing use licenses, organizational clients are granting permission for Insight Assessment to display their organization’s logo inside that client’s user interface which will make the client’s logo visible only to those individuals to whom that client has made assignments. The purpose of this is to reassure your users that your organization has made the assignment. Clients may withdraw permission by notifying Insight Assessment that they do not permit their logo to be displayed.
Protection of California Academic Press LLC, Subsidiaries, and Divisions
Retention of Information
The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
Some Products on Insight Basecamp are designed for Children younger than 13 years of age. Parental consent is necessary for the purchase of these Products and should be purchased for the minor on their behalf. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13 without valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
Marketing Communications and Sharing
You may instruct us not to use your contact information to contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding Products, Services, promotions, and special events that might appeal to your interests by contacting us using the information below. In commercial email messages, you can also opt-out by following the instructions located at the bottom of such emails. Please note that, regardless of your request, you may not opt-out of certain operational emails, such as those reflecting our relationship or transactions with you.
Changes to our Policies